12 Ultimate Traditional Lohri Outfit Ideas You Need to Try This Festive Season
Festivals are all about enjoying your favourite foods and spending time with those you care about. But one thing that makes festivals even more exciting is the chance to dress up and look like a fashion diva! One such festival that is round the corner is Lohri. The harvest festival brings great folk songs, soothing bonfires, energetic dances, and a great bonding time with family and friends.
It is important to enter the festive vibe and be in sync with the festival spirit on such an auspicious festival. But it can become very confusing to decide what to wear. In today’s world, where OOTD is the latest trend, we have compiled a list of Indian traditional dresses that you can wear this Lohri and head out in style.
Traditional Dresses That You Would Love To Wear On Lohri
The Lohri vibes make everything beautiful; why would you lag? According to studies, what we wear impacts the outside and the inside. Our mood, attitude, and self-assurance are all influenced by what we wear. It has the potential to increase both our psychological well-being and our task performance. We can accomplish more when we feel like we’re dressed for the occasion. Our clothes selections for any festival can reflect various emotions depending on the style, material, colour, and shape we choose.
1. Patiala Salwar Suit – The Real Queen Of Indian Traditional Dresses
A Patiala salwar suit is one of the top traditional dresses to wear on Lohri and bring out your Punjabi spirit. You can either go for bold colours with a variety of embroidery options to glam up your look. Or you can choose shades like baby pink, cream, beige, blue, and purple that look elegant and give you a soft look. Style your suit up with traditional jhumkas and get ready to shine.
2. Sharara Suit – A Perfect Way To Rock Punjabi Dress For Lohri Functions
You cannot say no to a sharara suit on Lohri. Choose a sharara suit that has some zardozi work or some other form of embroidery on it. You can give your outfit a perfect finishing by adding some hair accessories, traditional jewellery, and a good pair of Punjabi jutti. And you are all set!
3. Cape And Crop Top- Perfect Combo Of Elegance And Casual Outfits For Women
Who said you could only go for pure Indian traditional outfits on Lohri? This Lohri, it is time to experiment with fashion. You can try wearing a crop top with a pair of palazzos and style it with a floral cape. Floral patterns are a trendsetter and can give you a great festive look. You give your outfit a “desi tadka” by wearing big jhumkas and footwear.
4. Salwar Kameez – Indian Traditional Outfits That Never Go Out Of Style
If you’re going for a traditional look, the Best Dresses for Lohri would be a Patiala salwar paired with a matching kameez. But if you want to mix things up a bit, you can pair the Patiala salwar with dhoti pants or a long flared skirt. But if you’re looking for a comfortable alternative to a kameez, dhoti pants would be the ideal choice to give you that comfortable yet glamorous look. Pair it with a traditional Mojaris, and there you go.
5. Lehenga Choli – One Of The Most Stylish Outfit Ideas For Lohri 2022
Who said that lehengas could be worn only at weddings? This Lohri, it’s time to take out your lehengas from your wardrobe and flaunt them. You can style your lehengas in many ways. For a traditional look, go for a long kurta lehenga. Style your gorgeous lehenga with a modern blouse or an off-shoulder top for an unconventional look. You can accessorize your lehenga with beautiful bangles and statement necklaces.
6. Casual Top With Palazzo – Hit In Youngsters For Lohri Outfit Ideas
If you feel like a traditional outfit is too much for you, you can wear a stylish embroidered top and pair it with a palazzo for a comfortable yet cute look. Palazzo-style trousers with a long kurta are also good as casual outfits for women. It gives you a broader appearance and enhances your attractiveness.
If palazzos are not your liking, you can also wear leggings or fitted straight pants. You can also wear a pair of heels to get that effortless look, but if that’s your cup of tea, you can wear a pair of ballet flats.
7. Simple Suit With Heavy Dupatta – Punjabi Dresses For Lohri Functions
For all the newlyweds, don’t feel left out. For a stylish outfit idea with a bit of flair, you can wear a long suit studded with rhinestones paired with a simple dupatta, enhancing your glow and looking amazingly elegant. To complete the look, wear a pair of heels or Mojris, whichever is more to your liking. As for jewellery, jhumkas will complement this outfit wonderfully.
8. Floor-Length Anarkali – Lohri Party Outfits To Dazzle The Party
A long, floor-length Anarkali is an excellent choice for Lohri outfit ideas. It will make you appear majestic and elegant. This is a perfect option for folks who are small in stature. This outfit also looks great on tall ladies. This sleek ensemble has been popular among fashionistas for a long time.
There are floor-length Anarkalis, an Indian-ethnic take on western dresses if you want to combine Western and traditional looks. There are several materials to pick from, including chiffon, zari decorations, silk, and many more.
9. Anarkali Suit – Indian Traditional Outfit For Youngsters To Rock The Party
Suppose you are not a fan of floor-length Anarkalis; no need to worry. Here comes the Anarkali suit as an excellent option for outfit ideas for Lohri 2022. Anarkali suits are long-sleeved Kurtis that you can pair with a palazzo to look graceful. Take your look a notch higher with a beautiful dupatta and traditional accessories. If you want to try something different and unique, wear a dhoti with your Anarkali suit this festive season. You can wear either Punjabi jutti or high heels with your Anarkali suit.
10. Sharara Style Salwar – Stylish Outfit Ideas For A Fusion Look
A sharara-style salwar with a long kurta is sure to turn heads whenever you want to wear a Punjabi dress for a Lohri function. It will give you a broader appearance and enhance your attractiveness. For the occasion, try out several classic and contemporary sharara techniques. Red, green, pink, and yellow are fortunate colours for newlyweds who want to dress up for the event. Pair them with hefty jewellery and classic or jazzy juttis to complete the look.
11. Saree – Timeless Dresses Amongst All Indian Traditional Dresses
Sarees are timeless and will never go out of style. Wear it with a turtleneck sweater or an off-shoulder crop top for a traditional look, or go for fusion with a turtleneck sweater or an off-shoulder crop top for a fusion look.
There are a variety of fabrics to pick from, like Benarasi, raw silk, Kalamkari, and more, to make you look your fashionable best in your unique style. If you’re a newlywed bride, a saree is an excellent choice. Even if you aren’t, a saree is guaranteed to turn you into the belle of the ball.
12. Jacket And Churidaar – One Of The Best Dresses For A Lohri Party
You can wear a plain kurta with a jacket and a churidaar if you don’t want to carry a dupatta and want to keep your hands free. This is the comfiest Lohri party outfit, and it also appears to be quite stylish. This way, you won’t have to compromise fashion or comfort, and you’ll get the best of both worlds. A bright parandi, jhumkas, and a bindi might round off the appearance.
Few Tips To Remember While Styling Your Look For Lohri
- If you’re wearing a floral outfit, make sure that you pair it with a solid colour dupatta and solid leggings and not floral ones.
- A wrap or shawl can enhance your look while keeping you from getting cold, and it can go with any outfit. It bestows the thin line between fashion and accessories.
- Accessories can complement your outfit, so make sure you are not skipping them. However, while there is no hard and fast rule for wearing jewellery, make sure that you do not over-accessorise and end up looking like an accessories salesgirl.
- A pair of beautiful, comfortable, and stylish footwear can make you look sassy and trendy. So go for a pair of footwear that will not interfere with your comfort level. If you are not comfortable in heels, there is no need to torture yourself with them. Just pick something that suits your style and the occasion and get ready to rock the world.
- Do not be scared to experiment with your look. Try different colours, shades, dress materials and prints to find out what suits you. Find out your style, and remember that you are dressing up to make yourself happy.
Choose Between An Array Of Colour Combinations For Lohri Outfits
There are millions of colour combinations and styles that you can go for this Lohri that will end up looking wonderful and beautiful. But what matters most is the way you carry yourself. Look confident and carry yourself the way a queen would because you are no lesser than one. Besides that, be sure to enjoy yourself and make the most of it because you only live once.